We are a not-for-profit community organisation – that means, all money raised goes directly back into programs for our community; all programs and services are developed in response to community need.
We are run by local people who have a strong commitment to making our neighbourhood a better place for all.
West Footscray Neighbourhood House believes in the power of a community development approach to transform and empower individuals and communities. We value:
- Active community participation, ownership and self determination
- Diversity, where people of diverse backgrounds, ages and abilities are respected and included
- Social justice, to ensure fair and equitable access to services, life opportunities, skills, knowledge
- Cooperation and collaboration as a means to achieve our aims
- Organisational accountability and evaluation to ensure a safe, responsive and quality service
THE WAYS IN WHICH WE WORK
- Provide information, referral, advocacy and support
- Challenge barriers to inclusion and empowerment
- Facilitate recreational and educational courses and activities
- Assist in the establishment of self help and support groups
- Provide low cost meeting places for community groups
- Provide affordable childcare and children’s services in order to allow access to people with young children
- Assist in the development of new programs and activities in response to local community need
OUR VISION FOR WEST FOOTSCRAY
A strong, vibrant and just community that embraces its diversity, empowers all to achieve their potential and supports those in need.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
Show your support!
- join our network of neighbours by becoming a member
- sign up to volunteer for one of our programs or events
BECOME A MEMBER
West Footscray Neighbourhood House is all about community. We are an incorporated association that is community-owned and run. Please show your support by becoming a member. The more members we have, the stronger we are – and the louder our voice!