West Footscray Neighbourhood House Manager
The West Footscray Neighbourhood House (WFNH) is a values-driven community not for profit Neighbourhood House that combines community development and environmental programs with Childcare support services. We are going through a period of renewal and are seeking a senior experienced manager to support our vision into 2021 as we strive to meet changing needs of the West Footscray community.
In this role you will be responsible for leading the day-to-day management of the WFNH and its facilities, including the centre, staff and volunteers. With the guidance from the Committee of Governance you will implement the strategic plan for the WFNH including overseeing all operations, finance, staff, funding and service agreements as well as fulfil the role of Executive Officer to the Committee of Governance.
You will be responsible for all programs and services including the development of new avenues of activities and internal and external relationships. Reporting to the Committee of Governance you will manage the operations and strategic development of WFNH in accordance to all Committee’s policy decisions, services agreements and various funding bodies.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant qualification(s) and significant relevant experience, preferably in community sector, Neighbourhood Houses and/ or Adult and Community Organisations.
- Previous experience in management of childcare service, including an understanding of rules and regulations as well as experience with compliance and reporting.
- Experience in formulating strategic and operational plans and managing budgets, including allocation of resources to effectively and efficiently achieve funding and contractual obligations.
- Experience in developing and implementing community engagement programs.
- Experience in developing grant programs.
- Strong business development, project management and leadership skills supporting long-term organisational sustainability.
- Experience in Federal, State and local government policies, strategies and funding opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience managing a community sector-based organisation including operational, financial and human resources management as well as experience in managing the full development lifecycle of new programs and services.
For a confidential conversation about this role, please contact Rheanna Christodoulou on 9687 3345.
To apply go to https://www.ethicaljobs.com.au/members/nhvic/west-footscray-neighbourhood-house-manager
Applications close 26 February 2021 at 9pm.