West Footscray Neighbourhood House is governed by a Committee of Governance made up of people who live in our local community. Being on the committee is a voluntary role.
West Footscray Neighbourhood House is committed to community ownership and civic participation and is considered an exemplar for the community development work we undertake.
The Committee of Governance:
- Establishes the mission and vision
- Identifies the organisation’s core values
- Defines the organisation’s programs and services
- Obtains needed resources and community support
- Provides financial oversight and ensures the organisation meets its legal and financial requirements
- Develops appropriate risk management practices
- Selects leaders for management positions
The committee meets one evening a month.
How to apply
Complete an expression of interest form.
A current committee member will be in touch to talk about your application a bit more and invite you to observe a meeting.
If you need support to apply or have any questions please contact us.