Helen Wilson is a West Footscray local and a member of our Committee of Governance. Recently completing a degree in law, and a passionate believer in social justice, Helen wants to contribute her skills to people in the local community who are struggling to access legal advice.
Helen is an authorised lawyer and can help with:
- Locating and filling in legal forms
- Preparing for a court hearing
- Drafting and witnessing wills
- Signing/certifying Statutory Declarations, affidavits, and other forms
- Navigating the legal system and talking through your legal options
- Finding other organisations that can support you
She can also offer support if you are experiencing family violence or elder abuse. This includes helping you access and/or understand intervention orders.
While stay at home restrictions are still in place, Helen may need to refer you to another service if you need to see someone in person, for example to witness forms.
Helen is unable to:
- Conduct your legal problem or court proceeding
- Represent you at hearings or trials
- Act as your solicitor
Helen is a volunteer and will be offering support free of cost. If she cannot help you she will do her best to help you navigate other options for support.
Appointments are available Tuesday and Thursday mornings 10am-12pm or by other arrangement.
During COVID-19 stay at home restrictions, appointments will be over the phone or via Zoom.
To book, contact the neighbourhood house by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 9687 3345. One of our staff will ask you for your name, contact details and the general nature of the support you need. Helen will contact you and may help with something simple straight away or may set up a longer appointment.